Sunday 4 July 2010

Day 183.

© Ruth Johnston 2010.

So, O2 Wireless was today, and I don't think it's because Glastonbury was only last week that I didn't enjoy it, generally it was pretty boring and there really wasn't a lot to do, they tried to make out as if there was but there wasn't. The whole 'festival' consists of a huge main stage and 3 tiny tents with other music, the rest of it is just food stalls and a couple of merch stands. There were some vague Superdrug and Ugg stuff, but overall it was pretty dull. The music I wanted to see, I liked, but considering no one really appreciated anyone except Jay-Z, the whole thing kind of lacked atmosphere. Thank God for Lily Allen, who stopped the bottle throwing, the full bottle throwing, the piss filled bottle throwing...
I don't think I'll be going again, but I'm glad I saw Lily Allen, now that she's 'quit music' for a bit, and I really enjoyed Jay-Z and Slash in any case. The whole situation wasn't helped by being filthy from the moment I stepped through the gate, they should really do something about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog