Friday 3 September 2010

Day 245.

© Ruth Johnston 2010.

Today I was in the mood for trying out new recipes.
I made an awesome chilli marinade that goes all gooey when it heats up, some rocky road and this mango and watercress salsa which went amazing with some chicken in the chilli marinade. I'm so proud of myself, I have to go buy a jar for this tomorrow so it keeps well, there's too much of it to keep eating everyday it's going to last ages.

Ingredients;
60g of finely shredded spinach
60g of watercress
2 spring onions (finely chopped)
½ medium onion (finely chopped)
1 medium mango (finely chopped)
¼ cup of sweet chilli sauce

1. Combine spinach, watercress, spring onions, onion, mango and sweet chilli sauce into a medium bowl and mix.
2. Blend until completely combined.

Tip: It is probably best to use a well-ripe mango as mine was only nearly there and I don't think the mango flavour came through as well as it should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog